Wow, what an amazing yet exhausting and emotional couple of days we've had! On May 1st, the same day I had last posted, I had Bart take me into the hospital, because I was a little worried that Levi hadn't been moving like normal. I figured we would just go in and they would tell us everything was fine and we'd just come back on Friday as planned. Well, he ended up having a high heart rate and decided to keep me. They started me into labor and Levi was still having a high heart rate for an unexplained reason. They were not sure if he would be able to tolerate the labor and we decided that a cesarean section was the safest option.
Levi Marlin Brooks was born on Tuesday, May 1st at 9:32 p.m. He was a heafty boy weighing 8 lbs, 12 oz. He is 19 1/2 inches long. He is short and squatty with dark curly hair. He is doing better each day and each hour. After he was born he had difficulty breathing and still had the high heart rate. He has been a little lethargic and we believe he may have an infection, most likely from group b strep. He was sent to the NICU at McKay Dee Hospital where he has fabulous care. He has given us a scare, but he is going to be just fine and is already a little fighter. He is starting to nurse and is opening his eyes and looking around more and more. He is such a sweet little spirit and we are so grateful for him.
He is absolutely beautiful and we have been blessed with a calm assurance that he will be just fine. I know it is in no doubt because of the many prayers of our family and friends and I hope you know that we feel your strength and love greatly. Please know that we are thinking about all of you as well. We are excited to be home soon, but know it could be next week until Levi is ready. We will continue to post progress on this blog. Keep in touch!
Love,
Bart, Brooke, Payton, and Levi