Imagine hiking on a cool, clear, fall morning up a beautiful mountainside. The golden leaves glisten with the flicker of the rising sun and you take a deep breath of misty air. The fog is still settled on a high alpine meadow as a silhouette of a deer is ushered through the tall grass. It is a beautiful day for hunting! Well, at least that is what Bart thinks!
After an absence of ten years, Bart re-joined the ranks of the Brooks' Brothers deer hunt. Every year he has planned on getting a tag, and this year he finally did (much to the chagrin of his "city folk" wife). I am learning to understand this testosterone driven tradition-- not sure that I ever will--but Bart is sure excited about his "kill." I'm not so sure that I'm excited to eat it!
Gary, Tyler, Jared, Scott,Bart, Dallin, and Cody
The big 4-point!
Dallin and Cody--this was Cody's first deer hunt
4 comments:
Hooray for Bart! I'm so glad he was able to get a deer. I am with you on this hunting thing Brooke-I don't understand it. Although, I must say that there's nothing like watching the sunrise over the duck marsh. Just be grateful that deer jerky tastes a lot better than duck jerkey.
You have my sympathies Brooke! The one thing I hate about the Fall and Winter is being a Hunter's Widow on the weekends.
Way to go, Bart! 4 points! So far, Jake has not revisted that part of his childhood. (Thankfully) Just seeing the picture of blood on the driveway is enough to make me woozy. You're a good sport!
Nice buck, Bart! Carey will be so jealous. His baby deer will have to do for us this year, especially since mine got taken away. Oh well!! There's always next year!!
Post a Comment