Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Poem-- 2007

The winter chill is setting in
But our hearts are filled with cheer!
The year has left us healthy and happy
We hope the same for you, who are dear

Our little family has grown by one more
We now have two bouncing boys!
The past 5 years of marriage have flown
Life has brought an abundance of joys!

Levi Marlin Brooks joined us early this May
His big smile has brightened our home
Despite a short stay at the NICU
You couldn’t tell by how much he’s grown

It’s a full time job trying to keep up with Payton
But little “Yeevi” seems to do it with ease
Wrestling matches seem to be in the near future
A product of brothers, if you please!

Payton provides us with laughs everyday
He sure likes to entertain!
Give him a crowd, and he gets pretty loud
Something we’ve yet to contain!

Rain or shine you can find him in the great out-of-doors
Kicking a ball or digging in the sand,
Riding his trike, mowing the lawn with his dad-
Life for a kid-- ain’t it grand?

Life as a mom is rewarding for Brooke
Reading stories & playgroups & such
Though surrounded by boys and a whole lot of noise
She loves those big hugs oh so much!

Early mornings and nap times are given to hobbies
There’s never a moment to rest!
With scrapbooks & reading & “playing” guitar
Check the KSL Classifieds- they’re the best!

Bart still enjoys working for Wasatch- BP
But he finds work at home a “relaxer”
Tiling floors, building fences, and breaking gas lines!
He’s our regular “tool man,” Tim Taylor!

All work and no play makes a dull boy
So, Bart’s picked up a good old tradition
This mighty hunter shot a 4-point mule deer!
He says the meat is for our nutrition!

This time of year comes only but once
So we fill it with merriment galore
In the hustle and bustle, we may get caught up
In the tinsel and light’s and allure

So remember that night in far off Bethlehem
Where a humble, pure baby, did lay
In the quiet and calm of a poor lowly stable
In our hearts, may he always stay


Love,
The Brooks
Bart, Brooke, Payton & Levi

5 comments:

Lisha said...

I love your poem! I get so emotional at christmas time that it doesn't take much for me to start crying buckets of tears. Christmas stories, christmas songs, they all pretty much do a number on me! I'll admit that the last 2 verses of your poem touched me and YES I was moved to tears. So thanks for Posting that cute poem AND for making me cry. ;)

Lindsay said...

I love the poem Brooke (Bart?) A much better way to do the Christmas letter, and a lot funner to read. I'm going to have to try that next year ! You are wonderful! Love Lindsay O

Sarah said...

I loved your Christmas card, thanks! I hope I get mine sent out soon! I loved the poem. What a cute idea! What happened to your song?

Brooke said...

Well, I didn't want anyone to steal it, of course. I took your advice.

Harrop Family said...

Brooke! How excited I was to see your comments on my blog. Happiness! Wow, I can't believe your little family. What darling boys you have. I loved reading your blog to know an up date on you. I have so many questions for you. I'll have to get your e-mail.
Love, Britnee