I have now entered the portal of life which is called...the late twenties. I have always been a strong advocate of loving your birthday and yourself no matter how old you are, and so I am going to take my advice and relish just being alive even if I am over a quarter of a century old. I did have a fabulous birthday, however! Some of my friends surprised me with a little get-together play date and we had lunch and had a great visit. Thanks you gals! That night we went to my parents house and had the most wonderful dutch oven cooking provided by my awesome dad...oh it was sooo good! My family surprised me with an i-pod...yes, I did not have one until this point in my life. They are awesome. My cute hubby and kids got me an acoustic amp with a microphone so I can go get some gigs...okay maybe just to sing at home! It was an awesome birthday and it's okay to be 26! Later in the week I also celebrated again for my friend Andrea's birthday. We went to Rooster's for Dinner and to Indiana Jones with our hubbies. The food was great...the movie was cheesy.
Here are some pictures of my amp and my newly created "studio." Ha Ha! You can laugh at me, I know I'm a total nerd. The fabric on the 'walls' is my attempt to 'finish' the basement...


5 comments:
Happy Birthday! Just wait to you hit 35 like me this year. Now that is old. :) I'm glad you had such a fun day.
Your boys are so adorable and you have the cutest family. We are so glad we found your blog.
Love it! You are so not a nerd, silly.
Hey- I want to come gig with you! That looks like so much fun- what a thoughtful birthday present!
lindsay
Happy Happy Birthday Brooke dear. Happy days will come to you all year. If I had a wish than it would be a Happy Happy Birthday to you from me. Just thought I'd share some primary light on the subject. I love having you as a friend. You are awesome.
Post a Comment