Friday, October 3, 2008

On a roll....

So, I have failed to mention one of the biggest achievements to take place in the Brooks' home. After, oh .... I don't know....A YeAr... of unsuccessful attempts at potty training...Payton has exceeded my expectations (they got pretty low on some days) and is now a member of the PTMS (Potty Trained Members of Society). All it took was a little patience (okay, alot) on my part, readiness on Payton's part and PeNniEs. Yes, I bribed my child with pennies. Not only pennies for the onesies (as I've heard them called), but quarters for the twosies or heavies or whatever you choose to call them. We even took those quarters to Wal-mart on a Mommy-Payton date to ride the coin operated horse. That was the best 50 cents I've ever spent. Oh, and we don't actually have this toilet paper at our house, but I'm sure if we would have, potty training would have gone faster and I would have had to use my neighbors bathrooms.

7 comments:

Betsy said...

Kent would totally love that chuck norris tp! Too bad I don't share the love.
Congratulations! This is a good day.

Heidi Schulz said...

Congratulations to your super-duper pooper!
Well done.

Sarah said...

Congratulations. It is quite an accomplishment! I'm so happy for you!!

Lisha said...

Congrats! I'm totally dreading potty training!
Bryce's Grandpa used to call that 'John Wayne' toilet paper. Too funny!

Clegg Family said...

Keep all of these good ideas (especially the Chuck Norris toilet paper!) so I can pick your brain when it's Joshua's turn!

Lindsay said...

oh boy brooke- where did you come up with that roll? and- we stole the potty penny jar idea, and ellyn is on a roll too :) no accidents in a week, oh yes
linds

The Suttons said...

Yay for potty training!! We tried to potty train our 2 year old Tyson-lets just day it didn't go so well. Potty training should be a swear word!