When Bart got home from work last Friday, he was surprised that I had packed up the car for a weekend getaway. Not a romantic getaway, but a "the house is a mess, the week was a long one, the kids are driving me crazy we need to get them out of this house and get me out of this house now" kind of getaway! So, I hadn't planned where we were going, but I knew we were going and he was coming along! We got the kids in the car and decided just to head to Park City and find a hotel when we got there! I know, we didn't think about heading into swine flu county until later! Anyway, I didn't care where we stayed as long as there was an indoor pool for the kids to play. I've decided kids need vacations just as much as parents do because it was so much fun! It was great to just leave without having to plan anything, leave the phone behind, and basically just fly by the seat of our pants! Something Bart is not used to doing! We found pretty much a ghost town when we went up to Park City, but it was great because we got a hotel at a great rate and there was no fighting crowds! We played and swam and ate at Red Banjo Pizza on Main Street the first night and then swam again, went to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for caramel apples and then I went shopping at the outlets for the boys and my mom for mother's day! Ah! I would highly recommend it! A great, short, family getaway!





6 comments:
What a great idea!! You are right, everyone needs time away every now and again.
Wow! What a great getaway! I'm so gonna spontaneously plan one of those soon!
I don't think I could handle that Brooke- way too much spontaneity. :)
linds
What a great idea but you are way nicer than me-on days like that I tell Troy he has the kids by himself and then I go on my own vacation for the evening. How fun though-looks like you guys had fun!
How fun!! That sounds like a great idea! I need to be more spontaneous like that. It looks like you guys had a blast.
I might have to borrow that idea soon. It sounds like so much fun!
Post a Comment