Saturday, November 5, 2011

Texas Ren Fest OR all the kookiest people you've ever seen congregating in one place

So, I'm pretty sure the Texas Renaissance Festival would have made for some pretty good people watching, had I not been so concerned about my children and their pure, impressionable minds. I figured it would be similar to the Shakespearean Festival in Utah. A quaint, idyllic medieval setting. So, I was a little taken back when it was basically a magnet for some of the strangest people I'd seen in my life. I've never been in a crowd where chain male was the normal accessory and cleavage was poured out in such mass abundance as to leave one cross-eyed. Looking back I really should have taken more pictures, but at least the ones I did take leave me with a better impression of the events. It was a TEXAS experience I shall never forget!

 Visit with the King and Queen of the Fair

Bart is pleasant even when being decapitated.
 
 Not sure who is under all of these white sheets, but she freaked me out just a bit. 
 Now this was pretty cool.  I never thought I'd be watching a live jousting tournament.  It felt like we were in a Knights Tale. Bart loves that movie.
The boys' faces say it all. 

 not so sure about this place...


 now that's a turkey leg
headin' out

No comments: