Thursday, May 3, 2012

{organization kick}

I've been on an organization binge for the last couple of weeks.  I had kind of been going through a funk for the last month and decided I needed to get rid of anything that was weighing me down.  All I had to do was look around my house and see that I was surrounded by clutter. Stuff. I love stuff too much. Clutter that I was picking up over and over and always wondered why it kept creeping back!  I don't consider myself a great housekeeper, but I love a clean house (which leads to some great internal conflict). Anyway, I figure, the less stuff I have to worry about, the more time I have for people.  My people.  My boys.
 It all started in the coat/craft closet, but all of it's contents ended up in its own area in the kitchen.  This is where the creative center is housed.  I still need to add some labels.

Needing a change, I took off the doors to my dish cabinet.  It may look more cluttered, but remember I still like stuff. That's never going to change.
I still have a long ways to go, but this is a glimpse of my 'for sale' pile.  It's just accumulating as we speak in my dining room. I don't let my friends leave without taking an armful of some of my stuff. Only to end up  in their next years garage sale.  I don't care what happens to it as long as it's gone! It's so very theraputic.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow! You are awesome! I'm going to have to learn from you!