Monday, November 26, 2007

Just a year early....

So, last week I saw several advertisements for Celine's "Taking Chances" World Tour! I was dying! It was a chance of a lifetime and I had to go! I talked to my mom and we both got tickets for Wednesday, November 21st! I thought it was crazy that they only gave 3 days to purchase tickets before the concert, but I guess that's because they knew it would sell out fast. Anyway, my mom and I headed down to the Energy Solutions Arena and we were so excited and all dressed up! I couldn't believe how much parking there was down in Salt Lake so we drove past the "Delta Center" and it was completely dark! I was puzzled so I pulled out the tickets which actually said the concert was on Friday, November 21st. We'd come two days early... but then something caught my eye.... 2008 was placed after the date! We were a year early! I was so sure that it was this year, but to my surprise she isn't even coming for another year! My mom and I laughed so hard I wasn't sure if I was going to laugh or cry. So, if anyone wants to go to Celine... there is still time... there may not be any tickets... but there is still time!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I am laughing out loud. That is hilarious! At least you have something to look forward to!

Sarah said...

Oh that is too funny! I can see your mom laughing about it, too. Such a blond moment ... sounds like something I would do :)

Lisha said...

I actually did something like that once. I got tickets to a Grizzly's game and drove up to Logan to get Bryce and then got to the E center only to find out that the game wasn't until the next day and Bryce had something planned for that day so we had a good laugh as I drove him home that night. OOPS!

Andrea S. said...

Okay, that is totally funny. I wish I would have known you wanted to go, I already got tickets for my mom, me and Mel. It would have been fun to have another mother-daughter night like the good ol' Utah Gymnastics days!

Lindsay said...

Hilarious! I am so glad you are back on the blog! Sorry about your Grandpa. I hope your family is doing well. Good luck!

Darbee said...

By the way...Don't feel bad about the whole Celine thing. I was begging my husband to hurry and get tickets too...and trying so hard to find a sitter on such short notice, before he saw the 2008 on the date. I guess it happens to all of us!