Wednesday, February 6, 2008

All talk.....no action

So I have to confess that I am the biggest hypocrite in the world. Here I go on about making sure everyone gets out and votes and how good you'll feel and yada, yada, yada.... Well, I didn't. Okay, I'm sorry!! I did have the best intentions however. When Bart got home, we got the kids in the car and headed to the school to cast our ballot. When we got there, there were tons of cars and I thought there might be some school program going on, but they were all voters. I swear we would have had to wait in line for 2 hours. It was ridiculous. We debated whether we should wait, but in the end we left. I know, I know... I should have just stuck it out just for democracy's sake, but I felt I'd better feed my kids first. So, instead... we went to Cafe Rio for dinner and all my boys got haircuts.

11 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

The same thing happened to me! Oh well, we can always vote in November :)

Jack said...

Brooke, thanks for posting on our blog. I found a few on yours that I haven't seen in years!

Voting in Utah County was a fiasco as well. They changed most of the locations for most of the precincts.

yeah, there's always November.

Heather said...

Brooke you can considered your good deed still entact. It enspired me to vote. It was also a great opportunity for me to teach Ethan about what was happening. Thanks! By the way I love the video.

Jenn K. said...

Don't worry Brooke, it's the thought that counts (I didn't vote either)! There's no way I would have waited in a two hour line with two kids either!
Guess we can try again in November.

Kohler said...

Oh come on, Brooke! It really only took about 20 minutes, and we even took turns checking out the Book Fair while waiting. But I'll forgive you anyway, but only because Mitt still won Utah.

Alisha said...

Hey Brooke! Thanks for your comment on my blog! You should check again-- I found out I'm having twins yesterday! WOAH!

I didn't know your hubby works for BP! My father-in-law does too! What does your husband do for them? Well if you ever have to move down here for his job, don't be scared! I really like it!

Good to hear from you! Tell your mom hi for me! Oh and I wanted to tell you that a couple of people have moved into our ward from Farmington (Davis) that know you... The first couple are the Dents. Matt & Andrea (Nelson-- I think she went by Annie) both are our age and their friend Mary Deihl just moved here but I don't know her maiden name. Anyway... it's fun to have connections!

Clegg Family said...

Hi Brooke! We have finally jumped on the blogging band wagon (after being inspired by your cute blog!) What a cute family - we need to get our boys together soon! Also, in my opinion, any night that ends in eating dinner at Cafe Rio is a success in my eyes! :)

Brookeh said...

Brooke, I found you! This is Brookeh Thacker. I love your blog. Blogging is so fun. Email me your address and I'll send you an invite for mine. brookehcall01@sbcglobal.net
I didn't get to vote either, I miss the deadline to affiliate with a party. I was pretty upset about it.

Natalie said...

You are a hoot! Was Cafe Rio good? That's all that really matters right? j/k I am way sad he dropped out of the race. I don't know who to vote for now!

Heidi Schulz said...

What if Romney had lost in Utah by one vote???
I guess it wouldn't have mattered since he's no longer running.
Too bad, I know your mom was already having a dress made for the inauguration. :)

Sarah said...

Okay, so here's my pathetic confession: I've never voted. I'm really ashamed of it, but I don't understand politics, or what I'm even voting for. I took a Political studies class in college to try to figure it out. I studied like crazy, and I failed. I must be missing the part of my brain that was meant to comprehend it!