Monday, February 4, 2008
The Dark Scary Bathroom Episode
Don't worry, it sounds worse than it is... Payton and Levi have a daily ritual of roaming from room to room searching for the most interesting pieces of whatever they can find. Sometimes Payton uses Levi as transportation and rides him like a horsie, but today they were getting along famously.... that is until, they ended up in the main bathroom like they usually do, but today Payton decided to turn off the light and lock the door with both of them inside. I heard a faint, "ahhhh" but paid it little mind. Eventually the "ahhH" turned into a "mommy, help.." and I went up to see what the matter was. Well suffice it to say, we had a little crisis on our hands and I couldn't find the key to the door. Usually growing up we would just use a hanger--- and I tried that--- but the locks were too sophisticated for my neanderthal door pick. "Payton mommy's here! I'll get you out! Here, hold my hand under the door, honey! I'll get you out!!!!!" While Levi is just humming in the bathroom and Payton is starting to cry...but not quite...I call Bart in a dither..."calm down," he calmly says (of course) without giving me any beneficial advice...I decide I need the screwdriver. One minute later my little kidlinks are out and Payton says..."Oh Wow, I almost cried." Me too dear, me too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh Brooke I laughed out loud!! So funny!!
I just love your kids! What a fun read this was for me!! I just love you guys!
I love the "I almost cried"!
So cute!
That is so funny! Sad, but funny. Audrey always gets stuck in the bathroom. She has never locked the door, though!
That is SO FUNNY!! I am glad you got them out - fairly quickly! Maybe that was the best thing in the world for Payton - he was just scared enough that he may never lock another door! Tyler locked me out of the house one day when I went to check the mail! Never a dull moment with kids :-)
Hi Brooke! I found your blog and I'm hooked after reading this post. I hope you don't mind if I visit once in a while. Thanks for taking such good care of Lindsi. I'm so glad you two live so close. See you around!
Debi Youngs
HA HA HA! That is the funniest story I have heard all day long! Thanks for sharing!
Once I locked myself in the bathroom and my mom (your grandma) had to frantically climb in the window to get me out. Can't you just see that?
Brooke that is such a great story. It made my day! I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. It's good to know that I'm not the only mom with those "nothin' to do but shake your head" moments.
Brooke! I was sitting here laughing out loud! I can totally feel for you! I'll have to blog about my similar experience the other day!
Brooke that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time!! I'm glad the boys were o.k.
Post a Comment