We have a rather small pantry in our kitchen. I keep asking Bart to at least make me some larger shelves for it, but that will have to wait. For now, it's a perfect spot for a little boy to play. Yesterday, as I was getting lunch ready, Payton opened the pantry door and was hopping inside. I said, "Where are you going Payton?" He replied, "I'm going to school." Well, okay that sounds like a great idea. What mother doesn't want an educated son? He shut the pantry door behind him and just sat in the dark. He was being really quiet and it seemed like the perfect situation for me. I could just get lunch ready while he just sat in the dark! After a while I heard a little rustling, and I said to him, "Hey Payton, whatcha doin'?" "I'm at school," he replied again. I decided to take a peek at how his educational studies were going and this is what I found.....


My first reaction was to rant and rave and say, "What were you thinking!!??," but instead, I thought of the great blog opportunity before me and I said, "Wait! Let me get my camera!" We later had a calm and rational discussion about not getting into the flour and how messy it gets. I have realized that Blogging makes me a better, more rational mother!

Oh, and here's Levi, walking in his big brother's footsteps... I am so proud! So is he.
13 comments:
That is so funny! Your boys are so adorable!!!
Taking pictures instead of screaming is a better reaction. I did that myself not too long ago when Kayla emptied an entire box of tissues onto the floor. I think you are right that blogging makes you a better parent. By the way I love the new look of your blog. So fun!
You really are way more patient than me, you just don't realize it. Didn't you notice that there were no pictures of her other messes? I was too busy freaking out to have the desire to photograph her. Cute post!
Ha ha! I love it! And what a good mom you are--patience isn't always my strong point, so I'm very impressed with your reaction!
That is hilarious! Your boys are too cute! We so have to get together - what are you doing next Tuesday? (we might be coming down - maybe I'll call you tonight!).
Wanna know why he was in there alone? He goes to "private school"!
alone-private...
Great pictures!
I love your adorable blog. Your boys are so cute. And I definitely find myself having better reactions to situations, because I think, "This would make a great post!!"
I love your outlook on life and not getting frustrated because it would make a good blog posting! Take a deep breath, take a cute picture, then have a mature conversation about it?? Another reason I need to be more like you! :)
Hi Brook, I just found your blog and it's adorable. Your boys are so handsome! I'll have to stay tuned for some more mommy advice...like remaining calm when your children are destroying the food supply.
Carrie Stott Hughes
Fabulous Brooke! Bloggin indeed brings out the best in us!!!
What a great mom!
Loved the pics!
Too funny. I love stories like this. Way to keep your sense of humor!
Brooke! I got your blog from Sarah. You have such a cute little family! I love the pictures. You're boys are adorable! Where are you living?
Thanks for letting me take a peak at your blog. :)
-Emily Hamilton (Ashton)
Wow, I love it! Sorry about the mess. :)
Post a Comment