
Along with about 6,000 to 7,000 crazy superstar wanna be's, I was herded into the Energy Solutions Arena with hopes of being the next American Idol. I'm not gonna lie. I was excited for the chance of superstardom, of riches beyond my wildest imagination, and of course to star in a cheesy Ford Commercial. I would have done it though! Maybe I should have told them that. Maybe I should have told them that I would change my name. No I like my name. Maybe I should have sung a different song. Well, I liked that song...I thought. Well after having a day or so to figure out what I should have done differently, I know have many days ahead to decide what I'm going to do now. It was a great experience. I might even be on T.V. yelling and screaming like I'm a 16 year old girl again... you just wait...I'll be on T.V. Not for the reasons I had previously hoped. But that's okay because I had my husband by my side the entire time and he was waiting for me when I walked the walk of shame to the non-winners door. And I realized thats all I need anyway! The End.
18 comments:
I LOVE that you tried out!!! I didn't even know that they were here in S.L.C. but I wouldn't have been brave enough to try out. And I absolutley LOVE your blog, everytime I look at it you have changed it and it is so darling!
SO you tried out! I'm so proud of you. I can't believe they passed you up! DId you actually sing to Simon, Paula and Randy? I can't wait to see if they show you.
I'm proud of you for trying. I'm bummed that you didn't get to fulfill your dream in the way you wanted. However, you are so good that a little part of me thinks you are just saying that so we'll all be so surprised when you get your ticket to HOLLYWOOD. If not... we'll just pretend. You are the best in my book. Way to go girl!
I wish that were actually true! And no, I didn't even get to Simon, Paula, and Randy. They don't even come until like Sept. But, it was fun and an adventure!
I am SO glad you tried out!! I've heard it announced on the radio and I always hoped you would go down. I'm sorry that you didn't get on, but you'll always be my IDOL. :) What are those crazies thinking?!! They passed up on some great talent. I'm glad
Bart got to go with you too. What a great husband!!
I totally would have voted for you.
Did you get to see Paula, Randy and Simon? What did they say?!
Wow Brooke! I'm definitely surprised they passed you up. I bet it was fun to be amongst all the crazies, though!
That's so awesome that you tried out!!! What were they thinking, passing you up?!? I always thought you have an amazing voice!
I'm proud of you for just going down town amongst the madness....it does actually sound fun though. I should have come with you....what was I thinking. There is always a next time - right?
I have been so excited to talk to you about your experience trying out! What a once-in-a-lifetime experience though...although I'm definitely not as big of a fan as I once was of the show if they passed you up!! You're still #1 in our eyes! :)
That's so awesome that you went & tried out--what a cool thing to have done. They don't know what they passed up!! I've heard from a few other people that tried out, that it was pretty crazy down there!
WHAT?!?!!? They are crazy for not choosing you. What were they thinking? But awesome that you tried out. Maybe we will get to see you on TV anyway.
You are my American Idol. I so proud of you. Way to go for even trying out.
Did you finish reading Breaking Dawn? What did you think?
That is so fun that you went down to the madness and tried out! You are awesome! We have two of your CDs in our house...one from Woody's collection and one from mine. And we love them!
You are AWESOME Brooke! I seriously love that you tried out! You are so cool! I wish they would have picked you! How cool would that have been!? Bart is so supportive, that is just awesome!
You HAVE to let me know if and when your audition is on. That is awesome! Go Brooke! They are incredibly stupid for passing you up, but you never know with all those "politics", so many good people never made it past the first auditions in past years, but I guess there's always a reason for things happening (or not happening). I've always wondered if fame is really a good thing for anyone.
Post a Comment