Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Fourth

I wasn't great at taking pictures on the fourth, but we really had a great day. It was actually very relaxing. Something we are not very good at doing on holidays. Anyway, we started out the day early because I had a 5K race in Centerville with my good friends Lindsi and Becca. I was pleased with my time which makes me feel more ready for the 10K Bart and I are running on Saturday in Farmington. After that we went to my parents and had breakfast and skipped out on the parade...then we just went home and all my boys, including Bart had naps while I immersed myself for the second time in the twilight series. I'm preparing myself for the fourth book. I know...lame. Later we had a BBQ at my parents, went to fireworks at Lagoon, and then went back to my parents house for an outdoor movie...Man from Snowy River! It was really fun and the kids were zonked by the time we arrived home. I have decided that the Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love everything about it!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

How fun! ...and look how teeny tiny you are! Lookin' good lady!

Sarah said...

I'm reading all the Twilight books again, too! In preparation for book 4 which I am soooooooooooooooooo excited about!!!!!! I'm in the middle of New Moon - it's so sad, I can't believe he would leave Bella. Anyways ... we'll totally have to talk after Breaking Dawn comes out. I loved the pics of your run from the 4th of July!

The Carpenters said...

I'm very impressed with all the running you guys are doing! Especially in the heat. You look great! The pictures of your boys are adorable! Good luck on Saturday!

Lisa said...

Wow!!! A 5K! Awesome. Good luck with the 10K. Maybe someday I'll be able to do one of those. Thanks for the invite to all the festivities - sorry we didn't connect. We definitely need to do something together! :)