Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A penny ate is a penny burned


Payton ate a penny tonight. Yes. He did. Specifically when Bart asked him to take it out of his mouth and hand it over. I suppose he must be like those thieves who swallow diamonds or some other type of loot to hide the evidence and escape security. Anyway, I felt the need to do some research on the matter and found a lovely article which said that stomach acid and the copper or zinc on the penny cause a chemical reaction boring holes into that said penny. That in turn can cause ulcers and some other delightful side effects. Sounding good eh? It did say however to just watch for the penny to pass within a couple of days. If it hasn't then watch for stomach pain and the like. So... what are you doing this weekend? Payton...please pass the penny!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Payton is hilarious!! What in the world happens to sweet little boys when they turn 3??? I say Terrible Three's instead of Terrible Two's!

Jennie said...

Ohhhhh.... I'm so sorry. The same thing happened to my little brother, Matt, when he was two. ...luckily, it passed. Good luck!

Delynn said...

Good luck with that one, Brooke!

Heidi Schulz said...

Pass the Penny sounds like the most horrible party game ever invented.
So...have fun with that.

Sarah said...

Abby did that a few years ago. Her doctor had us get an xray, to make sure the penny wasn't stuck. It passed through just fine, but it was a little scary. Good luck!

Memmotts said...

oh wow! I'll have to say we have not had to deal go through that one yet. But good luck. I hope everything comes out okay. ha!

Candice said...

oh no! remember this too shall pass :p.