Monday, July 14, 2008

Medal Winning Weekend

So, this weekend was the much anticipated Farmington Festival Days. I look forward to it every year! We were a little more involved this year and that always makes it fun. Both Bart and I ran the 10K and placed 3rd in our age groups. I don't know if Bart was surprised but, I was totally shocked. I know there were like a hundred people in front of me and we both took detours during the race. Bart took a wrong turn and I had to use the facility. Anyway, it was a fun race and it was a beautiful day. 3rd place: The second losers in our age group

wearing his medal with pride

The boys had a great time at the parade. We sat in our traditional spot with my parents, and Grandma Mac and the McMullins. It was fun to enjoy the parade together catching candy, getting sprayed by the little league baseball punks, and waving to all the passers by. I love a good parade. I'm not sure if it qualifys for a good parade, but there is a good home town feeling to it.

The boys enjoying the parade

cooling off after being sprayed with a water gun

hugs from Gwenma

hand in hand with Grandma Mac after the parade

After the parade I performed for just about 15 minutes. I didn't do as well as I liked, but it was still fun to get back up there after not doing it for a while. I played the guitar, which was new and scary.

Bart enjoying the days entertainment

Levi enjoying some much needed zzzz's ( oh, and his t-shirt reads: "hey dude, your girlfriend keeps checking me out!"...courtesy of Gwenma.

After we spent all day in the heat, we decided to catch some more rays at Derek's soccer game. He and my cousin Matt are on the same team and they won the Mayors Cup! Way to go guys!


chug, chug, chug...

Derek and Matt and the nephews!


To top the day off....Payton passed the penny! We're out of the woods!

12 comments:

Jennie said...

Brooke, I would have loved to hear you sing. You have an awesome voice. Wow! Third! I think that is fabulous. You guys are such pros. I'll have to check out your 1/2 marathon link. It sounds fun.

Clegg Family said...

That really was such a fun day...although we would have LOVED to see you sing and run your race! 3rd place...you are amazing! It was so much fun to see you guys - we need to get Payton, Levi & Josh together more often though!

Lisa said...

Congrats on 3rd!!! That is awesome!! Looks like you guys had a fun time.

Harrop Family said...

Yea for Farmington Festival Days!! (hand over my heart) Congrats on your place for your run. What an achievement! I'm so glad life is happy for you and your family.

Viewmont High 2000 said...

Hey Brooke, check out the vhs class blog at vhs2000.blogspot.com and leave your name in the comment section.

I can't believe you took third and that you signed up for a 1/2 marathon. Your calves are going to be huge (ha, ha). I wish I was in good enough shape to run with you.

Andrea

Memmotts said...

Wow! Congrats on third. I have a hard time running out to the mailbox.

laura j. said...

Brooke, I am totally up for running the TOU Half. I was actually already planning on it. But I know that I am way slower than you. I have been running with my dad and he has a bad back, so we go slow. But if he drops out of the race in August then I would love some other moral support up there. Let's talk runnin'!

Candice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candice said...

Fun pictures! Look at you running marathons & playing the guitar! :) I totally want to hear you play sometime. Have you considered giving lessons? I have a brand new guitar in my garage waiting for me to learn on it. Let me know! :)

Becca said...

Good for you Brooke & Bart! I am not surprised! You are an awesome runner! Signed up for a half huh? You GO GIRL! Are you gonna run in Morgan? Do you know a date? Zach said he'd like to run it if we're not in Hawaii. :)
Glad to hear about the penny passin'!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Love your blog Brooke. Your title/header is so cute. Love, love, love it!

JoAnn Corbett said...

Loved looking at your blog Brooke. It was fun to see your cute boys. It was also fun to see your parents in some of the pictures too.