My parents always made Halloween a night to remember. I have so many great memories that I love to make it special for my kids. I remember my mom spending hours sewing costumes and cooking soup and baking the best sugar cookies. One year, my dad even dressed up as a woman. I'm sorry to say he wan't the most attractive female, and as a tween I was very embarassed to have him out and about in the neighborhood. I mean, he wore make-up! Foundation, even. We had people in the ward calling him Bishop Doubtfire, if that gives you an unforgettable image.
Trick or Treat!
Anyway, I sure love Halloween and I love the traditions and the memories that are made. While I didn't go all out this year (I was a little under the weather so we shamefully had Top Ramen for dinner and carved our pumpkins in under 20 minutes flat, and I was really lazy with getting Bert out to the neighbor kids...see last years October posts if you're not sure what I'm talking about) we still had a great time! My kids loved wearing their costumes and filling their baskets full of potential cavities wrapped in beautiful cellophane! And I figure, that's what it's all about! Happy Halloween!
Trick or Treat!
Levi the Friendly Dragon and Casper the Friendly Ghost.
The Disco Duo
Just embarassing my Bartie.
The Disco 'Bowl' totally completes the ensemble
Blondes definately have more fun!
Halloween Hugs from Grandma Mac!
Classic...yet disturbing.
9 comments:
Love the costumes. I totally remember your dad dressing up and can totally visualize! haha! Happy Halloween.
You make quite the cute little Disco Queen, Brooke! Those little costumes are absolutely adorable - Halloween is really the best! (although I will admit, I was looking forward to seeing pictures of Bert in your yard!)
That's so fun!!! Glad you had as much fun as we did. Sorry you were sick. :) Hope you feel better!
All I can say is, "WOW"!!! You guys look pretty dang HOT in your disco costumes...and what more can I say about the hair! Fun, fun...love it!
I'm just catching up on all your different adventures. Holy cow! Slow down woman!! :) It looks like you're having a blast. I loved the disco costumes!
Awesome costumes!!
We are going to make our blog private and I would love to send you an invite. If you get a second would you leave a comment on my blog with your email address?? I would love to keep in touch with you!!
Cute, cute! We need to get together. We haven't seen you guys in a YEAR!!! That's so sad.
You guys make such a cute disco couple. Your boys were such adorable little dinosaurs. Loved it!
Everyone's costumes are great! You and Bart make a fantastic disco couple :)
Post a Comment