Bart was invited to a business "meeting" in Palm Springs, CA. Luckily, my in-laws were willing to have the boys over for a sleepover, so that I could tag along! All we had to pay for was my airfare, so off we went! We stayed at the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort just out of Palm Springs and it was amazing! It's always nice to get away for a mini-moon, especially if you don't have to pay for it .
This is the view from our balcony overlooking the pool. There were palm trees surrounding about ten different pools and hot tubs.
I ran down this walkway surrounded by palm trees. It's amazing how this place in the middle of the desert has such lush green grass and pleanty of palm trees.
When we first landed in Palm Springs we took this tram up a mountain. Obviously. Anyway, if anyone know me and my irrational fear of heights, you know what an accomplishment it was not to make a fool out of myself. I did hold Bart's hand so tight that I thought it would draw blood, however.
My handsome husband overlooking Palm Springs
Me. Trying to look cute. I was going for the glamor shots look. Or something.
Bart. Standing on a rock.
I didn't take many pictures of my adventures, but I did take this one when I went to a movie all by myself. I was the only one in the theater. Yeah, I'm a nerd. I went and saw "The Secret Life of Bees." I was crying by myself and thought, why did I go to this movie? It was pretty good, but it's definately one you can wait for when it comes to DVD.
I caught up with one of Bart's co-workers wives the next day and we rode bikes on the Celebrity Golf Course and got in trouble by the Golf Course Nazi and then went and laid out by the pool.
I realized that I really need a tan when there were all of these wrinkly old people with a better tan than I had. Maybe that's why they were wrinkly though.
I was going to go and see Frank Sinatra's grave while I was down here, but I figured that this would have to suffice. I got kind of lazy and found myself watching "Saved by the Bell" re-runs and "Paris Hilton's my new BFF" that I just didn't get there. Yeah, pretty pathetic. But at least I realize it! Hey, but what's a vacation without a little bit of laziness?!
10 comments:
Your "glamour shots" pic is awesome. You totally succeeded! What a hottie! I predict that will be a classic pic for your family. Your kids will look at it in 30 years and say, "Wow mom! Look at you!" However, you'll still be hottie then too - I'm sure. :) I'm glad you guys were able to get away.
So I have to know...did you swear on the tram? :)
So fun! We have to get together and catch up!
Wow! Good for you! I'm so glad you got to do that. Don't feel too guilty about Payton, how could you have known?
Two questions:
Was your "bikes" name Trigger or Black Beauty?
And did you get in trouble by the golf nazi because your "bikes" were eating the grass?
Just wondering...
Looks absolutely heavenly!!! All I have to say is that I'm coming next time...sorry Bart!
I agree with Jennie-you rocked your glamour shot! I'm so glad you and Bart were able to get away for a few days; and it looked like a great trip. That's too bad about Payton--hopefully he's feeling better.
Wow, that place look amazing. I love warm weather, and palm trees. It's nice to get away, you deserve it.
I am glad I am not the only one who watches "Saved By the Bell" re-runs, while on vacation. "True Hollywood Story" is my second hotel-cable vice.
This sounds like such a fun trip. I am sorry I didn't know and haven't asked about it. Guess I haven't quite been on my game lately. Well, you are beautiful and I am glad you got to take some time for yourself! Looks like you guys enjoyed yourself and of all people, you deserve it. You are a great example and I'll really miss seeing you all the time! Love ya!!
Post a Comment