Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Memorial Day

Every year my mom's side meets at the Bountiful Cemetary at my Grandpa McMullin's grave. Also buried there are my mom's brother Dan who died when he was only six as well as my Grandpa's parents. We always try to get there early or stay later to visit my Grandma's (my dad's mom's) grave. My Grandma Mac always brings a pan of indoor s'mores and we all stand around and talk while trying to get the kids not to step on the graves-- especially not to knock it down. As you can see, I wasn't very successful in trying to teach my kids to revererence the deceased. But I'm sure they all had a great time watching the kids dance on their graves.

1 comment:

Andrea S. said...

I've completely given up on trying to keep Bear from climbing all over everyone's headstones when we go visit my dad's grave. I figure they're all dead so they won't mind, not to mention I'm sure they'd be happy that the kids are having so much fun. I know Grandpa Mac wouldn't mind at all!