In November, Bart went to work just like any other day to find that they were doing some reorganization with his department. They were requesting that 2 in Bart's team relocate to the headquarters, which are in Houston, TX. After much deliberation (and fasting and praying and going to the temple) we have decided to take them up on the offer. Not only did we see that Bart was a logical fit, but we feel like this is going to be a good opportunity for our little family. We feel like the Lord is guiding us in this path.
Needless to say, over the last couple months, I (being a rollercoaster of hormones) have cried many, many tears. I can hardly look at my mom without finding a lump in my throat, and I have yet to really explain this new change to Payton and why he is going to have to leave his friends. It really breaks my heart, but I know this is what we are supposed to do. Even though this is going to be a difficult change, I can feel that it will be a growing experience for us. I guess you could call it a leap of faith. We're leaving everything that is familiar, especially both of our families who are very close. Some think we're crazy, even I think we're crazy at times. But.....here we go!

Last night I packed the first box of books and realized how close this is. We are putting our house up for sale within the next couple weeks and if everything goes to plan we'll be in Houston at the beginning of March. So, while there is lots to do, we're going to enjoy every step of the way! Houston---you big, hot, humid, diverse, expansive city-- here we come!
9 comments:
I have to say I know exactly how you feel. Ryan and I were in the same position after college and after our first baby, Alexis, was born. He was offered a job in Florida. It felt like a world away from Utah.
It was a good experience for us though. Even though it was the toughest thing to leave family and friends and all we knew as "home", it was a chance for us to solidify our little family and completely rely upon each other and the Lord.
If I could give you one little piece of advice, it would be to immerse yourself in the ward. They will become your extended family. I would also encourage you to enjoy your time there. See and do as much as you can.
While we didn't expect our time in Florida to be so short lived, it turned out we were only there for a year. If I knew that going it, I would have done things differently and seen/done more.
Ryan actually served part of his mission in Houston. He loved it. It gets hot, but there are so many good things that balance it out. Good luck! We'll miss running in to you guys!
I'm so sad you are moving! But what a good thing for you guys I am sure! Good luck! We better keep in touch, though!
Your little guy is adorable! I am excited for you guys and your new adventure. When you're 80 years old and looking back, it will be but a small moment that you were away from your family and a chance to experience the world (well, not so much but you get my drift). :) You'll be a great asset to those around you - you're an amazing woman!
Can't wait to have you here! Congrats on the arrival of Hyrum-- what a beautiful little baby! He & my little boy are going to be great friends!
Hi Brooke! Did you know that we live in Houston? I was so excited when I read that you are moving here! We live in a great area north of Houston called The Woodlands. We've been here since July and we love it. Will you be coming out here to look for a place soon? You are welcome to stay with us when you do. We would love to have you guys live close by! Seriously, give me a call if you want or you can contact me on facebook. I know you probably have a ton of questions. 208-540-0991 And congrats on the birth of your new beautiful baby boy!
I'm sad you guys will be so far away! But isn't it great to know you have direction from the Lord about what's best for your family? That was the best reassurance for me when we moved for Dave to go to school. Hopefully it will be a great adventure for you!
Hyrum is ADORABLE!
I emailed before coming here -
I felt many of the same feelings before moving to Maryland, but it turned out to be a wonderful adventure. Now that I am back in Oregon, I miss it terribly. I can't wait to hear how things turn out for you guys.
Not even going to say a word...I'm already in tears AGAIN...2nd time today.
We are so gonna miss you guys! You are too cute for words Brooke!
Can you guys manage to fit us in for one Friday night game night before you leave us?!!!
Post a Comment