Tuesday, December 8, 2009

{only Levi}

I have a very difficult time keeping Levi in shoes or socks. He not only takes them off at every opportunity, but he also keeps growing out of them. He doesn't quite fit into Payton's shoes, but at this point, but he wears them quite often when we can't find his own shoes or boots. He does keep his cowboy boots on, but he refuses to wear them with socks. I don't know why. With all of these issues with shoes, socks, and feet, I wasn't very surprised when Levi tried a glass on, just to see if it would fit.

Well, it did fit. A little too well however. Because he has a bit of cushion on his feet, they became lodged into the glass. I don't know how long I tugged and pulled to get the glass off, but it felt like forever. He kept crying, "Ouch! That Hourts!" and I didn't see how I could pull as hard as I needed to without hurting him. Finally, I took a deep breath, poured some water over his foot and cranked my finger around his heel until it popped out. I was relieved that I didn't have to take him anywhere or break the glass off of his foot. After the glass was off, he said, "I need a bandaid, huh mom." We got a spider man bandaid and it was "all better!"

2 comments:

laura j. said...

That is too funny! It is one child-incident that I haven't heard of before.

I hope things are well and that you are ready for a new baby...we'll keep checking back for updates!

lindsi said...

Yep....only Levi!!! What a cute kid though! Glad that you were able to get the cup off okay...ouch!