Friday, January 1, 2010

{new year}

It was either the new baby or the fact that Bart and I are getting old, but New Years Eve ended a little early for our family. The boys were in bed by 8:30, Bart was asleep by 10, and I followed shortly after at 10:30. And you know what? I didn't miss banging pots or seeing the ball drop in Times Square. I was just fine breaking tradition. I was more eager to get to sleep knowing I'd be up in a couple of hours anyway. I rang the New Year in with soon-to-be interupted snoozing.
On New Years Day Bart took the boys up for the annual Brooks Family Sledding Party. We've sled on this great hill for the past couple of years and they had a great time sledding and building a snowman. I forgot to send the camera, so I'm very thankful for my very prepared sister-in-law for providing a snapshot of the day! I wasn't there so this is the next best thing!
We are very excited for a new adventure this new year. Lots is going to change this year and my goal is just to enjoy every minute of it and spend precious moments with my boys. I am also going to appreciate my family here even more because the moments we are together will be shorter and farther between, but I know those moments will be even sweeter. I am going to take more time to build a stronger relationship with my Savior and use the scriptures even more to guide my life. I am grateful that we don't have to walk through this life alone. Our Heavenly Father and Savior are with us every step of the way if we allow it. I know if we rely on them, our goals are much easier and more attainable.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What good goals! And I sure don't blame you for ringing in the new year in bed. I think I would have done the same thing if we were at home!

Sarah said...

Wow, I just got caught up your blog. Congrats on baby Hyrum! And moving to Texas. Big changes for your cute family. I can say from experience that living far from home is hard sometimes, but awesome in other ways. You guys are going to be a big blessing to whatever lucky ward you move into. I wish you all the best with the move and everything. It's nice to be able to keep up with you via the blogging world!

Andrea Brooks said...

I am going to have to stop reading your blog, it makes me cry! Your boys were so cute sledding, they had so much fun. I should've taken more pics, I didn't realize Bart didn't have a camera!

Andrea S. said...

It looks like the boys had a great time. Thanks for letting me come invade your quiet time while the boys were gone. It was so great to see you and hold your beautiful boy. I am so excited for what this next year holds for you and your family.