Saturday, May 1, 2010

{this little monkey turned three!}

On Saturday, we celebrated Levi's third birthday! Sometimes I can't believe he's only three because it seems like he's been around for forever! He's such a big part of our family. He either keeps us rolling with laughter or I have to admit embarassment. But one things for sure: life wouldn't be as exciting without him! On Levi's birthday, his brother's woke him up bright and early. I think Payton was more excited than Levi.It was just like Christmas morning...only just for Levi.Levi's big item was a Little Tykes kitchen that I found on Craig's list for a great deal. It smells a little like smoke, but once you get past that, it's been great. I figured he needed a kitchen because he loves playing with them at all of his little girl friends houses. It even came with a cute pink and purple tea set. Bart wasn't too thrilled with that. But hey, the cups change color!He made off pretty well! Thanks to Grandma's and Grandpa's too! For dinner, we went with some good friends of ours to 'The Swinging Door' for some "Gargeque" as Levi calls it. It was a cute little dive not too far from our house. We'd go there again. It felt very...TEXAS.
Me likes me some Gargeque!These are our friends Jake and Kim. They live about an hour away in Conroe which is north of Houston. We were in the same ward in Idaho and became good friends. We havn't seen them for six years, but it was just like old times! Thanks for being our family for Levi's birthday!
After dinner we came back home and enjoyed some cupcakes and icecream. Some of us actually got it in our mouths!
Celebrate good times!
I love my Levinator!What a cute little cone-head!Jake and Kim were great sports...sporting their cone heads with Hyrum.

Okay, so I felt bad for not making some super cool cake for Levi. So I whipped up a cake for him on Sunday. It was supposed to be a monkey cake. Yeah, not my forte.

It tasted great once you got past the freakish mutant appearance.
Happy Birthday Levi! We love you!

9 comments:

Andrea Brooks said...

Happy birthday little Levi, we'll celebrate Aubree's this Saturday. It's crazy that you two are already three. We'll miss you guys at Jessica's blessing this sunday!

Kohler said...

This just makes me sad!! He looks SO BIG! Hyrum looks SO BIG! PLEASE COME HOME!!! I don't think I'm going to make it until July.

Andrea S. said...

Happy Birthday Levi! Three year old boys are so fun, and wild and crazy. It sounds like you had a great birthday. I love the monkey cake, I thought it turned out cute.

J.Frey said...

Your boys are so handsome! I love that you got him a kitchen set for his birthday.

And your home is beautiful! Good job with all the painting and decorating. It looks great!

The Carpenters said...

He is so cute! It feels like I haven't seen your boys for a long time - because I haven't! It sounds like he had a great birthday.

Nick and Casey Hill said...

I think that cake looks awesome compared to mine! Poor Nick...How does he manage to consistently choke down my cooking? ha ha We love you guys!

Smithfield home for sale said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time in Texas. Happy Birthday Levi! Three's a fun age. I think your cake was darling. I bet it tasted really good too.

Clegg Family said...

Happy Birthday, Levi!! How cute is he?! He has grown so much in the last few months since we have seen you last. Bummer for us. :)

I also loved seeing Peyton playing soccer and his goal! Tell him the Cleggs are all so very proud of him!!

Smithfield home for sale said...

Brooke, I'm glad I can stay up to date with you guys through blogging. I'm so glad you like Texas. By the way your home looks amazing. You guys were busy painter's, I love the color.