Dying to join the ranks of the overachieving mother, I decided to throw a joint birthday party for Payton and Levi. I've always done little family parties and felt more than a little guilty that they have never had a "friend" birthday party. So now that my guilt has been swept away (permanently), I know why I dragged my feet for so long. Having 10+ kids running around your house in superhero capes with bright red and blue cupcakes is not for the faint of heart! While it felt like a bulldozer ran over the house with me inside, Payton and Levi couldn't have been happier. The kids that came left happy and on a sugar high! That's the definition of success to me if not for the parents who had to try and get their kids in bed after the event!We did have a chuckle after the party. I had prepared chicken fingers for the kids knowing that we have two Muslim boys from Pakistan who live next door. With my vast cultural knowledge I knew that they didn't eat pork, hence no pepperoni pizza. When they came I found that they only eat chicken when it has been prepared in a kosher manner. I'm not sure if frozen chicken tenders from the grocery store qualify for kosher. Anyway they ate watermelon. They didn't starve! I also felt bad because their parents came for the party, no realizing it was just for kids. They came all dressed up and endured the chaos with us!




3 comments:
Cute party! I love the invitations.
Hey Brooke, you're right! I just looked up overachiever in the dictionary and it said:
over·achiev·er definition
Pronunciation: /ˌō-və-rə-ˈchē-vər/
Function: n
:Brooke Hill Brooks
Way to go on the party! You've totally convinced me to NEVER let my kids have one :)
Wow!! What a great party!
Post a Comment