Friday, July 2, 2010

{swimming lessons}

When we first moved down to Texas, my boys were not all that comfortable with the water. We went swimming every summer, but I'd never done swimming lessons with them. Well, down here if you want to survive the heat, you have to swim. We enrolled Payton and Levi into lessons at the YMCA, and after two weeks I was amazed at their progress. Especially Payton. He was fearless and worked really hard. He went from a Pike to an Eel and has found a passion for swimming. Levi did great too, but was a little more cautious. Each day, when his instructor would try and get him to float on his back he would say, "My dad doesn't want me to do that," in his signature husky voice. Yeah, not sure where that came from, but I'm glad he thinks dad is the ultimate authority on all matters. It was a successful session and we'll just have to keep practicing so they can be ready for the neighborhood swim team someday!

No comments: