Monday, August 23, 2010

{summer's end}

We drove down to the beach in Galveston with some friends from our ward on Friday. We had a great time enjoying the last official day of summer. The air was cool and the waves were perfect for the kids to play in. This was the second time we'd been there. I know people talk about how dirty the water is and how it's nothing like California beaches, but the kids don't know the difference. We stayed all afternoon, and I punished my skin with an unhealthy dose of sunshine, but we still had a great time with new friends.

1 comment:

Andrea S. said...

I think your beach looks great-and I'm sure the water's warmer than our beaches-so I wouldn't be complaining.

I don't know what we'd do with our summers if we didn't get to spend at least a couple weekends at the beach. I'm glad you were able to go with some friends and have a fun day.