Needless to say, this was a very memorable Christmas! About four days before Christmas, I must have been going through a bout of homesickness. Well, I decided that our boys needed a DOG! It's not like this came on suddenly, I've been begging for a dog for quite a while. The difference this time was that Bart agreed. A rare and weak moment for him, but I captialized on it. And well...here we are. Dogowners. I had a breed in mind when I started feverously looking on the pet classifieds, so when I finally found the cutest mini Aussie for sale in the next town, I didn't waste time. I called, she was still available and I set an appointment to go see her. Bart waited with the boys in the front drive of the family selling her. The boys were oblivious to what we were doing. We each took a turn to go in and see her. How could you say no to this little creature? She has four white socks and a tuxedo chest, dark black downy fur with copper highlights. She looks much like Fly on "Babe." I was sold. Now I just had to convice Bart!
Looks like I convinced him! He's so cute with this little girl. He can't deny that he's smitten!The boys on the other hand, didn't need any convincing. They have taken to her amazingly well. She is spunky and ALOT of dog we have found (that is a story for another day!), but they are learning to care for her and love her. What a Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment