This past weekend we ran in the Farmington Festival Days 5K race. My dad and my brother Nick were operating the sound and the music for it. Well, during the race Nick went with a guy from my parents neighborhood to go and move a cone on his motorcycle. Nick was on the back and when this guy pushed the gas, the back of the motorcycle broke and Nick fell off. Those who saw it said he rolled about 7 or 8 times and then he skidded. I guess he stood up long enough to get off the road and then collapsed on the parking strip. They sent for an ambulance and the police. I ran by and didn't realize it was him until my dad ran up and told me to keep going--- he was going to be okay. I was pretty scared to see him just laying there on the ground. They ended up taking him by ambulance to the U of U hospital. He was pretty beat up with road rash all over his body. They werent' sure if he had broken anything. Well, it turns out that all he broke was his pinky toe which is amazing. I am amazed that he didn't hit his head with how he rolled. He is still in pain right now, but at least he is going to heal. If you are thinking about getting on the back of a motorcycle, just think a little longer. :) I'll post some pictures later.
1 comment:
That story is crazy! I was so sad to miss the Festival Days this year. How did you and Bart do in the race? Maybe next year we can run it together like the good ol' days...
Post a Comment