Monday, July 23, 2007

Our Weekend in Pictures

This weekend, we told ourselves, would be more relaxing. I don't really think that is possible in the summer. I don't mind, I love having things to do and people to see! We had the Brooks Family Reunion this week at Marlin and Sues. It was great to see all of Bart's family, especially his Grandma Veda. It turned out to be a perfect night in Morgan. It's amazing how well it cools down up there, compared to here in Layton.


Here is Payton with his cousins Jayden, Camilla, and Alexa riding the Radio Flyer. I think they went around the backyard about 10 times and loved every minute of it!



Here are Bart, Savanna (holding Aubree), and Sawyer. Just catching up on old times!




This is Payton's attempt to dance the "Chicken Dance." He sort of dances like Bart!

Bart is proud of this picture! Levi smiled a great big toothy grin for him!



Logan and Levi~ 2nd cousins and little buddies


These are the latest additions to the Brooks' Family from the past year. The babies are lined up from oldest to youngest! Pretty fun!




I made German Pancakes on Sunday. I was shocked when this is what I pulled out of the oven. Amazingly it didn't go over the sides. This is pretty fun to make for kids. This is the recipe:


6 eggs


1 1/2 cups flour


1 1/2 cups milk


1/3 cup butter


Beat the six eggs for one minute and then add flour and milk-- beat together. Melt 1/3 cup of butter and pour into a 9x13 pan. Now pour the batter into the pan and bake at 425 for about 20-25 minutes. Let the kids help you take it out of the oven--- or your husband!


Oh, and Levi rolled over today! I caught it on the video camera 3 times, so I figure it's pretty legitimate. He rolled over once a few weeks ago, but I figured that was a fluke. Anyway-- have a fabulous hot day!

No comments: