Friday, April 18, 2008

Mod Podgin'

These my latest attempts at exercising my crafty side. I was pretty pleased with the results, and so I thought I would share. The first is a name decoration for our niece, who is just a week younger than Levi. She's finally in her new house, in her new room, after 6 months of living with her family in Grandma & Grandpa Brooks' house. It will be nice for them to have a place of their own. This is when I think it would be fun to have a girl!
This is just a little gift I made. Payton and I had a fun time going to the craft store on a "date" to get the different supplies. We made trips to a couple different stores and had a great time. When we pulled up to our house, Payton said, "I want to go to another one store!" We had too much fun! This is when I am so glad I have my boys!

12 comments:

Andrea S. said...

Maybe you could teach me how to use Mod Podge....those are really cute!

Sarah said...

Those are so cute! Way to go, Brooke!

Unknown said...

So cute!!! I love Mod Podge. I love the little girls name!

Lisha said...

Those crafts are both way cute! Is Mod Podge very hard? It looks like it takes a lot of time but it looks so amazing! Good job!

The Wageman Clan said...

O.K. When are you coming up to teach me how to do that? Those are so cute!! You never cease to amaze me! Hope all is well.

Heather said...

I need to you to teach me how to do that. I want one for Clarissas room.

SarahBara said...

Wow, can we say crafty? Cute stuff, you are really good at it, I love the little frame it's darling.

Brindy said...

Awww, that is adorable! Now you just need a girl. :) I still have an Super Saturday project sitting in my closet, otherwise I might give this a try. :)

Candice said...

Super cute!!

Clegg Family said...

Brooke...as always, I am very impressed! Those name blocks look fabulous!

(P.S. You've been missed in the blogging world!)

Bayles Clan said...

i really like that name sign-cute cute cute-i think you need to teach me-Edith isn't a long name!

Brooke said...

Mod Podge is really pretty easy... all you do is take wood letters, trace some cute paper, paint the letters on the sides, when that drys, take mod podge and cover the top of the letter and cover that with the paper. Rub out any bubbles and repeat the process over the paper making sure the edges are coated so that they stay down. When it drys completely I take acrylic clear coat to keep it from sticking. I also embellished the letters with different wood decorations that you can get at any craft store. Call me if you want more info!