Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What a terrific 3 year old!


Happy Birthday Payton!



Payt Dawg

Payter Tot

Payter Bug

Tayter Bug

Boogs

Payt Tayt

Payto

Grumpy...but ever so rarely!

I can hardly believe that 3 years have passed since Payton was born. I suppose thats why Birthdays can be a little bittersweet for parents. I am so excited about the big boy Payton is becoming, but I know I'll never get that little bald baby back. Here are a few things about our boy with all the nick names...
  • Payton loves being a big brother. He also loves tackling that little brother.
  • Payton loves going to nursery, most of the time.
  • Paytons toy of choice? A ball. He is obsessed with them. It doesn't matter what kind, he needs to be playing with it. He is a pretty good soccer player if I say so myself. He has even mastered the "drop-kick." It makes my brothers pretty proud.
  • Payton has also mastered peddling his trike. He has ridden it all over the neighborhood this spring. I believe he has covered nearly 50 miles this year. Last year by this time it was only 20 because he had to push with his feet.
  • Payton has an attitude. I know, I know... he probobly gets it from his dad. But, most indefinately, it comes from his mother.
  • Payton is right 95% of the time. Just ask him.
  • Payton loves his friends. It doesn't matter how old they are, he loves hangin' out with any buddies. He doesn't always talk to them, when they are together, but they have a great time.
  • Payton can't wait to go to school. We are doing a Joyschool type of preschool this coming up year and he can't wait. Every time he sees a school bus he yells to me that he needs to get on his bus and go to school. I hope it isn't that he can't wait to leave me!
  • Payton lives outside. He has the worst farmer tan this year, thanks to his mother. He is so happy when he's outside...not so happy when we make him come in.
  • He loves Thomas the Train, Lightning McQueen, Bob the Builder, and Nemo...although he is starting to outgrow Nemo somewhat. He is so mature.
  • He had yet to be potty trained. He has no desire whatsoever. This comes from his attitude. Anything mom thinks is a great idea, Payton thinks is dumb.
  • Payton is a daddy's boy. See item above. Anything dad thinks is a great idea...Payton loves it!
  • Payton is a people watcher. He sometimes just sits back and watches the action.
  • Payton doesn't eat, unless it happens to be something drenched in syrup or a french fry. We've struggled with this little personality quirk since birth. His poor wife. No...his poor mother!!!
  • Payton is such a joy in our home! I really can't imagine what life was like before we had him. He provides us so much entertainment and interest and I love watching him grow and learn new things everyday. He reminds me to remember each little moment, because they change quickly.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Payton is a doll!!! It's crazy that our little boys are 3! (or soon to be - in Kirk's case). You're doing joy school? We were going to do one in Poky, but since we moved we'll have to see! See you on Sunday.

Becca said...

Happy Birthday Payton! I can't believe how fast time goes! He is such a cute boy! Their personalities are so much fun...most the time!
Happy Birthday to you too! three years ago, you gave birth to that lucky guy! Way to go!