This weekend, we were able to witness my spunky, 80-year old, Grandma Flora Mac as she married the debonair, 86-year old, Reid Mitchell for time in the Bountiful Temple. I know you don't normally address the ages of those being married, but for these two, it is quite the accomplishment. My grandpa passed away about 15 years ago and Reid's wife passed away about a year and a half ago. There's no sense in living life alone and we are grateful that they will be able to love and care for one another. Congratulations to you two love-birds!
After the wedding ceremony, we gathered for a dinner in honor of Reid and Flora. The food was great (Chicken Cordon Bleu, potatoes, green beans, cake) and it was great to visit the family from far (Mexico, Las Vegas, Ohio. California, St. George and Logan) and near. I had to sing for the event despite having laryngitis, but there are some things that you just have to do for your grandma on her wedding day! I just wished I could have appologized to everyone else in the room!
All of the great-grandkids had fun playing with the balloons and running around.
Luckily Uncle Derek was there to help referee the chaos.

After the wedding ceremony, we gathered for a dinner in honor of Reid and Flora. The food was great (Chicken Cordon Bleu, potatoes, green beans, cake) and it was great to visit the family from far (Mexico, Las Vegas, Ohio. California, St. George and Logan) and near. I had to sing for the event despite having laryngitis, but there are some things that you just have to do for your grandma on her wedding day! I just wished I could have appologized to everyone else in the room!
All of the great-grandkids had fun playing with the balloons and running around.
Luckily Uncle Derek was there to help referee the chaos.

Maybe the event inspired some other young couples...hmmm?
Grandma and the McMullin girls from Las Vegas

Grandma and the McMullin girls from Las Vegas
an attempt at a family portrait
4 comments:
Hooray for Aunt Flora!!! It's great when 2 older people find people to love, even if just for a while! That's awesome!
That's AwEsOmE!!
You sang beautifully Brooke!! It was so much fun to see you.
I love your grandma!!! I'm so happy for the two love birds and that they will have each other to grow old with.
Post a Comment