Thursday, April 2, 2009

prayer time

Usually when we say evening prayers with the boys, Levi is just a ball of energy and there is no forcing that kid to sit still. Tonight was a little bit different. Levi decided that he wanted to kneel down with the rest of us and fold his arms. I know. A huge accomplishment for him. He also proceeded to say the prayer. Much of his words right now are muffled and slurred, but I did catch that he kept praying for "Bama" and "Bampa." We went to the candy factory today so he did say "canny" as well as "jeje" for Jesus and "amen." Having little kids I wonder how much I say gets through. If they learn that they can kneel down and seek their Heavenly Fathers help, they will have learned something more valuable than any education. I cherish these special times with my kids when it's quiet and I can teach them that they are children of God.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

that is so cute!

lindsi said...

So precious! I love when Levi talks to me...he just tries so hard to pronounce every word! Alli is just starting to join us in family prayer as well and it's just so cute.