We went to Sweet's Candy Factory for our little field trip this week. It was really amazing to see what a huge process candy making is. We really felt like we were right in Wonka's Factory, but I was disappointed that there were no Umpa Lumpas. There wasn't even a flowing river of chocolate. Oh, well. We all had to wear hair nets and make sure the kids didn't touch any of the candy so I was grateful to have a stroller to contain Levi. After our excursion, we went to see Grandpa at his work at the Humanitarian Center and then he took us out to lunch at McDonalds. I am ashamed to say that the kids ate so much candy before lunch, that they wasted their Happy Meals. But thanks for the lunch date Grandpa!
Friday, April 3, 2009
Sweets for my Sweets
We went to Sweet's Candy Factory for our little field trip this week. It was really amazing to see what a huge process candy making is. We really felt like we were right in Wonka's Factory, but I was disappointed that there were no Umpa Lumpas. There wasn't even a flowing river of chocolate. Oh, well. We all had to wear hair nets and make sure the kids didn't touch any of the candy so I was grateful to have a stroller to contain Levi. After our excursion, we went to see Grandpa at his work at the Humanitarian Center and then he took us out to lunch at McDonalds. I am ashamed to say that the kids ate so much candy before lunch, that they wasted their Happy Meals. But thanks for the lunch date Grandpa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are such a fun Mom!
I also loved your Grandma Mac post and your "debonair" comment. What a great day!
You are such a great mom! Field trips?!?! You are a brave woman. :) Could you please move back up here? Anyway, I loved your prayer post too. So cute. Easton always just says, "Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, Amen." We're still hard at work. :) One day we'll get it.
It was fun to see you there. Can you believe that out of all the days to go there and all the people that go there we ran into each other? Crazy!
Post a Comment