Thursday, November 12, 2009

{Go Bengals}


This past weekend, we headed up to Pocatello to see one of Bart's teammates, Jared Allen, entered into the Hall of Fame at Idaho State. Jared is now playing for the Minnesota Vikings and is one of the highest paid NFL players today. While he never was one of my favorite people (I have to add that), it was really fun to watch as they retired his jersey. Bart was able to catch up with many of the guys that he played with. We were really excited to see Lee and Anna Long and their cute girls. Bart used to play with Lee as well as rent out their basement. We're glad you guys are doing so well and loved talking to you!

We didn't have much time while were up in Idaho, but we did take time to drive around the town and see our old little house. This is the house where we had to sit sideways on the toilet, just for a visual. It was that small.

At the game, the boys enjoyed seeing Benny the Bengal, eating the Holt Arena icecream and popcorn, and they enjoyed seeing where daddy played football. He may be a has been, but our boys, especially Payton, thought dad was pretty cool that day.

3 comments:

Andrea S. said...

I don't know why but it totally made me laugh that you called your own husband a has been and that you had to add in the fact that you never really liked the guy you went to see...

If I were one of your boys I would think it was pretty awesome to go see where my dad played football. I think I see a yearly tradition of going to a Bengals game in your future....

Lisa said...

How fun!!! That's way cool. And I remember that little house. I always thought it was adorable!

The Wageman Clan said...

It sounds like tons of fun! I loved your Halloween costumes! So cute! I'm so behind on catching up on blogs, but it looks like you guys are having a great time. I loved your visual of the potty. :) I hope the pregnancy is going well. Hope to see you guys one of these days!