Sunday, April 11, 2010

{blue bonnets}


Every spring, wildflowers grow along the highways, roads and fields for a couple of weeks here in Texas. There are red, yellow, and purple splashes of color all around. Blue Bonnet fields are especially popular for taking pictures of families, as it is the Texas state flower. I've been wanting to get some pictures of the kids in the wildflowers I've seen, but many of them are along busy roads. We heard that driving to Brenham was the best place to get pictures without being worried about cars and traffic. So, we took an hour drive through some beautiful country to get our piece of a Texas tradition. We went with our next door neighbors who we have become friends with and found a perfect spot to let the kids roam while shooting some cute pics! I suppose it is a crime to trample on the state flower. I really tried to keep the kids in line. But. I. Failed. Still, we had a good time!

12 comments:

Andrea S. said...

I love the pictures of the boys! I'd say you're doing an excellent job with your new camera--although your subjects would be cute no matter what camera you were using.

The wildflowers are beautiful. You should post more pictures when you have the time (ha, ha).

(ps--I see Hyrum must have gotten some new blankets for Easter. They are my FAVORITE!)

Lindsay said...

I love you Brooke! Those are some dern cute kiddos- I see from your friend's comment that you are taking all of those great pictures- I love it!
I miss you too- I don't like to drive by your house now, it makes me too sad :) Yes, let's skype and sing some har mo nees. Iwas just listening to some Corrie Conners in the car in Moab, good stuff, that pontiac rocket :)
Love,
Lindsay O

Gwen said...

Oh, my those are some handsome boys! I love the pictures--what a great TEXAS tradition.

lindsi said...

Cute stuff...love the pretty wildflowers! How are you enjoying the camera?

Clegg Family said...

Those are amazing pictures! Your boys are totally handsome, Brooke...watch out for those little Texas girls! :)

Smithfield home for sale said...

The drive was worth it, those picutures are gorgeous. We still have snow here. I hope you are liking Texas.

The Wageman Clan said...

I love all your pix! I'm so behind in the blogging right now. Eventually I'll get it together. :) Hope all is going well with you guys in TX! We need to chat one of these days.

Kaley said...

I cannot believe how much Payton looks like Bart!! I love the pictures you did an awesome job!1

laura j. said...

What beautiful pictures! You have such adorable boys. I am glad you are finding joy in Texas:)

The Carpenters said...

Just adorable! Hyrum is getting so big already. I'm sure you've been enjoying the nice warm weather!

Jilly Bean said...

I love these pictures! We miss you!!!

Jenn K. said...

Brooke, your kiddos are adorable! I love the pictures in the wild flowers. How's Texas treating you?